Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Colorful Lips

Hi Kathie i have a question. I am trying to find the right shade of red lipstick and was wondering if you could help. I am fair skinned and have blond hair that tends to be more on the ash side. Help! Any advice?
Kellie
This is a good question Kellie, and red - bright colored lips tend to scare most people. It is for sure something that forces to girls to step out of their comfort zones.
Generally a rule of thumb that I go by when picking a lipstick for my clients is mostly about eye color. The lighter the eyes, the brighter of lipstick they can usually pull off.

Blue Eyes - Bright Reds
Hazel Eyes - Medium Pinks with a hint of red
Green Eyes -Bright Pinks with hints of fuchsia-y purple
Brown Eyes - Darker Reds with hints of brown or purple depending on skin tone

Think about the celebs you see, when they play up their lips from their regular nude, natural lips... Christina Aguilara - Blue Eyes, RED lips. Scarlet Johansen - Greenish- bright Pinkish red lips. Eva Longoria - Brown eyes, darker red lips. I don't think that bright red lips are necessarily for everyone, but with this guide of eye to lip color works as a good general rule of thumb for me when I am working on others. Don't forget, bright lips need confidence, so if your going to rock the bright lips, Diva it up! :)


I am So glad that I have been getting emails!! I am running out of emails, so keep sending me suggestions!!! How are you guys liking the blog? Feel free to comment, if anything doesn't make sense.
hairgoddessblog@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you !!! I will get back to you on my findings. great advice!

    ReplyDelete