Sunday, January 24, 2010

Tutorial on Day to Day Make-Up

Next Email:
Hey sis!

Can you give a tutorial on how to properly put on everyday eye makeup? I always love how you make it look, and I always forget how you tell me how to do it! Thanks!

Love ya!
Steph

First off... Steph... thanks for being patient. Second off... I probably get asked about make-up tips from more then 75% off my clients. It is something I enjoy doing and I love to play around with. I am going to give you a tutorial on an everyday look that if you wanted to you could glam up, or tone down with different colors, eyeliners and blending.
First things first, brushes. Go buy yourself some make up brushes.... Beauty Supply Chains, Target, Wal-Mart, Ulta, etc. THEY ALL CARRY THEM! You can get an OK set of brushes at Wal-Mart for under $10. With brushes, you can control your eyeshadow, by just tapping the brush to get excess product off. The sponges that come in the eye shadow's at the store are crap. Toss 'em! You can't control the amount of product on them, their messy, they fall apart, you can't blend very well with them... get rid of them. Ha, that being said.... let's begin.



Step #1:
On a basic everyday look, I usually pick 3 colors and a highlighting color. First, with a your brush, take your highlighting shadow and apply a brush across your upper eyelid... from the crease up. It's just to open the eye's up more. Make sure its a REALLY thin application, your not trying to be Mimi from Drew Carey. Then apply the light color to the entire lid... which doesn't mean to your eyebrow. I mean about 1/4" above crease and down. With the tip of your brush, apply your light color right below your bottom lashes, just lining the underneath. This makes your eyes stand out a little more.

Step #2:
With your medium color, open your eye slightly and brush back and forth in your crease, I like to do about 3/4 of your crease, leaving the crease out that is closest to the center of your eye. Once you've got that on, wipe your brush off and with your clean brush, in a downward, diagonal motion blend the medium color down a little bit onto your lid. This will give it a little more blended look. Then same with the medium color, along your bottom lashes IN THE MIDDLE, line it with a little bit of the medium color. (This is adding some dimension)

Step #3:
With your dark color, get a little bit on the tip of the brush and apply to the bottom corner of your eyelid. You almost want to apply it in a small triangle, and then go out just a little bit, and down under your bottom eyelashes. That way it blends around the outside corner of your eye. Once again, wipe your brush clean, and brush the dark over onto the middle of the lid... again you are trying now to blend the dark in with the medium and light. The more dramatic look your going for, the bigger the triangle in the corner you'll want to start out with.

Step #4:
Eyeliner. Don't be scared of it, it really completes most looks. A good eyeliner application, can make your makeup look like you spend forever on it, so I wouldn't skip this step. For during the day, I like to put on my clients, a little eyeliner in the corner, starting out slightly thicker at the outside corner, getting narrower and end about 2/3 way through the lid. On the underneath, do about a 1/3 of the eye, and then with a Q-tip, smudge it a little on bottom so it doesn't look to hard. For me, to make my eyes stand out just a little more, on top of my regular eyeliner, I add a little line of Victoria Secrets glitter eyeliner. Seriously my favorite stuff!! Then add mascara of your choice and your ready.
:Finished Product: (don't mind my zit by my mouth :/)


A big thing with make up is, practice with colors. One night dedicate with this particular application but try with a little darker of colors. This application with darker colors, makes a fabulous smokey eye. It's all about what you feel comfortable with and most people just need to practice. Make up is fun and there are SO many awesome ways to do it! (Can you tell its a passion of mine lol) A good tip to remember with make up, is lighter colors make things stand out, make features more prominent and darker colors, make things apperar smaller, diminishing features.

Let me know if this made sense or if you have anymore questions! I have officially answered all my e-mails, so feel free to email me more questions and/or ideas!!
hairgoddessblog@blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Thank you, thank you!!! This will definitely help my pregnant brain out! Now I'll be able to look fabulous, just like you!!! :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete