Friday, January 8, 2010

Beat the Heat

**2nd Email**

If I'm going to straighten my hair almost every day what is the best iron and what products should I be using to prevent damage.

Jana


I actually get this question a lot. First and for most, if you are going to be using ANY kind of hot tool on your hair, please PLEASE from a stylist point of view, use some kind of product to protect your hair....
Ok, in my opionon I would either go with a CHI or a Nano Babybliss. Both are a little pricey, but your hair is something that is always on you, its not like a shirt you can just take off. I will say, that if you have had a bad experience with your CHI iron the last couple of years, they were being made outside the US, but recently because of all the problems (I assume, bc I got A LOT of complaints) they are now being manufactured in the US. A plus to the Nano is you can control the heat. So if you have coarser hair, you can apply more heat so you don't have to straighten the same piece 234 times.
For product, there are a couple straightening products that I prefer. For all hair types and what I personally love the best is Sexy Hair's SMOOTH AND SEAL. They only reason my hair never looks like a scarecrow damaged mess, is because of this! You don't need a lot, and stay away from the roots for the most part. Just a light mist in each section you are straightening. This is essentially like a Biosilk in spray form, so if you spray too much, you will look greasy and have no body. If you have pretty healthy hair and are looking for more of a hold (for those of us who's hair doesn't always stay...), Paul Mitchell makes a product called HOT OFF THE PRESS. This product you also don't need a lot of, it's got the hold of a light hairspray, but not the feel. And my other favorite, if you have short hair and want to straighten it, and then get the messy look, I like Short Sexy Hair's PLAY DIRTY. It's a spray wax, and works phenomenally! It is a wax, so don't get too crazy. Play dirty is great for just a wax too, after you've used something else to straighten. I actually use it for texture a lot in curls, and as a light hairspray for myself to keep my bangs over. At the salon on almost all my clients, I actually cocktail these together.

Hopefully this helps... moral is, DON'T EVER skip on product when using heat on your hair!! Including just blow drying...
Anybody else have ides?? You can email me @ hairgoddessblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment