Monday, January 18, 2010

Softness and Shine

Next Email:

Hey Katch,

I'm trying to get back to my natural hair color, but it's been hard because I miss the side-effects of coloring my hair. Whenever I color my hair, it's always really soft and shiny. That goes a way after a while, but at least for a bit I enjoy it. For those that don't color their hair, what sort of things can be done to super charge hair with shine and softness. Good shampoos? Special conditioners? Spa treatments?

Thanks,

Mac


Mac, this is a good question. Your right, it does seem after you get your hair dyed that it always is super shiny and soft for the first few weeks. I have the perfect thing for you, which a lot of people don't realize is a real thing. In some color lines you actually can go get a 'clear' color put on your hair. It is applied the same way any other solid, all over color is... it's just clear. It is essentially used for a high shine, gloss look and to protect the color underneath. Works phenomenally. At the salon on my clients, I also do a deep conditioner but on steriods :). Not only does it make your hair feel like silk, it also restores the hairs pH levels. And the cool thing about the deep conditioner that I use, is that you can pick what kind of treatment you want to focus on, i.e. color, brittle, dry, damged, etc.
As far as shampoo and conditioners that help with softness, my favorite's are :
Fine-Normal hair : Bed Head Moisture Maniac Shampoo & Conditioner Redken Clear Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner
Normal-thick hair : Biolage Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner, Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner
Damaged Hair : Redken Real Control Shampoo and Conditioner, Joico KPAK SHampoo & Conditioner

Also, all of these lines carry a deep conditioner which is ALWAYS good for not only shine and softness, but to help repair limp hair and add extra moisture to your hair and scalp. ** Deep Conditioning Tip : Take a WIDE TOOTH COMB into the shower with you when you plan to deep condition, and once conditioner is applied, comb through the hair, that way you aren't getting it too concentrated in one spot, and it's evenly combed through. You'll get better results this way!**

Hope this helps! Stay tuned... next post is another about makeup!! (Steph... :))
Got a question? Email me at hairgoddessblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment