Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kardashian Curls


Next Email :

Do you know if there is a 'curling iron' out that does the outside wave (if that makes sense) the kind of curl you can do with the CHI or using a curling iron and wrapping the hair around the base? Listen Katch, I'm lazy, and my hair never wants to curl. I love the look of that particular curl and now with the hair getting longer I want to start curling it, I can get the curl with the CHI about half way then it just stops working, and I burn the mitts the other way and it takes to long. I would LOVE a curling iron that did it for me!!! :)
Celina

Since Celina's email, I have actually done her hair and got the opportunity to show her how to do this particular curl. She wants the equivalent of Kardashian hair... Don't we all!


First, you need to pick your desired size curling iron. I would go with a mid-size curl ironing (3-4"), that way your to start your curls are a little tighter, giving it time to loosen a little and not 10 minutes after you've done it.
Next, section the hair off. On my clients I like to start at the bottom, taking about 3" partings. DON'T forget, use a thermal protectant!!! Curl each piece the same way you would do any plain ringlet curl... your not going to achieve a 'ringlet' because the size of your curling iron, so don't let that scare you. Once you've reached the sections around your face, you are going to want to curl AWAY from your face, this includes your bang section. (Unless you have bangs above the eyebrow.... in that case, just curl under, and finger comb over to the side) I leave the section in your part for last, I like to curl horizontal with my head, and let the curls fall whatever direction. That way it gives it a little more natural volume, and letting it just fall gives it a not 'too styled' look.



**With the Kardashian curl, those girls all rock the center part. As stated before that's not always flattering on everyone but play around with it and see what works best for you. On Celina we ended up with about a 1/2" from the center part which turned out very cute. So it was almost center but not quite, so it was flattering for her face shape and a different look from her everyday hairstyle part.** After you've curled ever piece, to make it more loose and flowy, finger comb through it. Be gentle now, you don 't want to just rake through it. Then finish with a light hairspray. I say light because anything too firm takes the movement out of your hair. But, everybody's hair is different with how it holds, so pick accordingly. I like BED HEAD'S Masterpiece Hairspray, Paul Mitchell's Extra Body Hairspray and Kenra's 25.

Hope this helps any curling questions!
Any questions, Email me @ hairgoddessblog@gmail.com. Have a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment